"Value Added Servives"
Union Shipping & Logistics offers expert, cost-effective Quality Inspection (QI) services at any designated facilities. Working with your quality control team, we establish customized SOP for quality inspection to be used by our staff to examine your cargo. Our QI team will utilize Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Sampling Tables or customized procedures defined per your specific requirements, to ensure the appropriate inspection quantities are included, proper handling for disposition of any failed inspections, including vendor contact for re-work.
We provide Carton Audits to make sure packaging is meeting the requirements of customer and safety compliance to the laws of importing countries. The verification includes:
- Carton marking.
- Carton dimension and weight restrictions.
- Packing elements such as poly-bags safety labels, barcodes and ticketing, style and SKU number.
- Carton and product quantities.
- Carton damage/defects.
When all packaging and labeling details meet the customers’ requirements, Visual Product Audits will be carried out to ensure the product quality:
- Fabric/construction defects
- Workmanship defects
- Pressing and Finishing
Our inspection process will be perfectly detailed and could be tracked via our PODIUM® system. With the system, you will enjoy the below:
- Proactive alert on inspection results and details, with photos or other references.
- Detailed log of discussion for individual item check.
- Product replacement and re-inspection tracking to ensure shipment schedule on time.
- Product quality as vendor KPI.
Our teams are well versed in the requirements of many product verticals. Our inspections are always customized to meet the specific needs of different industries, including but not limited to apparels, houseware, leather goods, etc.
Features and Benefits:
Union Shipping & Logistics Quality Inspection services guarantee you the following:
- Qualification of Inspector: You have the say to specify the qualification needed to inspect your cargo. Your cargo will only be inspected by qualified and trust worthy inspector who is experienced in the inspection required for your products.
- Strict Compliance to Customer’s Inspection standards: Through enforcing the SOP for quality inspection, we ensure all staff examine and handle the carton and product audits following the same process and procedures, at all origins and destination facilities.
- Visibility of inspection: results and details is available 24 hours online anywhere. You can also draw the product quality and vendor KPI reports anytime.
- Efficiency: Service level is agreed before inspection starts. All processes of normal inspection, cargo replacement and re-inspection will be monitored by us closely so there is no surprise on cargo delivery.
- Reduce logistics cost and time: Operations through Union Shipping & Logistics allow inspection to be done in the facilities used for cargo management. This reduces additional transportation costs and time associated with other audit service providers.
- Flexibility: Inspections could be done per purchase order or supplier shipment. Depending on customer needs, random / priority / re-inspection could be provided.